Join us on our mission to make mobility more accessible, sustainable, and fun for everyone!
We are looking for programmers with a keen eye for design for the position of front end developer. As front end developer, you will be responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimising web pages for maximum efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
You are required to work in teams alongside back end developers, graphic designers, and user experience designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent.
You will also work cross-functionally with related teams such as Product, Technical Operations, and Release Management.
This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
As a front end developer at Mobli, you'll be responsible for:
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimised for smartphones.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimising web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilising a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design.
What we have for you;
- A world-class software platform, and the awesome team who built it.
- Curious, creative, and flat culture, with a global team operating across markets in APAC, Europe, and the US.
- Forward-thinking clients and endless problems to solve with them focussed on making transport fun and giving people more time back.
- Career progression opportunities including development of your skills in a rapidly growing technology startup team.
- Flexible working and a great balance between work and fun.
What you have for us:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development role
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Self starter with the ability to work independently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
What you might also have for us:
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Familiar with cloud platforms and services, such as GCP and AWS
- Demonstrated understanding of Unix/Linux environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of Google products and the broader technology industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of CI/CD processes, utilities tools and SaaS as required.
- Previous start-up experience is a plus.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
At Mobli we hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions of users. At Mobli, engineers not only revolutionise, they work on technology and products to improve the lives of many around the world.
Must be authorised to work in New Zealand.
Role is hybrid remote and based at our brand new office on Queen Street, Auckland.
Mobli was founded in early 2019 in New Zealand, and now has a presence in Australia and the US. Mobli’s team is growing quickly across offices in New Zealand, the UK, and the United States.
Mobli is an equal opportunity employer.